Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Price of a Heart

Tears and smiles, the heartfelt vows,
a happy heart, life's thens and nows.
Today I see, what could have been,
that didn't last to the future, now unseen.

It took all my might, all my heart.,
I tried every time, with every fresh start.
It took a lot of me, to break the ice,
but it was my heart, I was ready for the price.

It was all for you, to keep you safe,
'cuz bullets from your hearts, you couldn't strafe,
I was saving you from yourself, trying to keep you alive,
I had made that my purpose, my need to strive.

The bullets that didn't reach you,
I can feel each wound they left,
the tears that you didn't shed,
have left my eyes bereft.

I went down, to keep you afloat,
to save you from your own castle, I swam your moat.
Yet to this day, you couldn't be mine,
my heart was at stake, I payed the fine.

I didn't pay the price 'cause you asked me to,
You never asked for my heart, I gave it to you.
The price was mine to pay, from the very start,
it was the price for love, the price of a heart.....

1 comments:

The Thinker said...

For you.

Post a Comment